Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Guest Recipe Curator: Kim Philpot
For today’s recipe blog, the Heal Yourself Beautiful community welcomes Guest Chef Kim Philpot. Kim has written a little bio about herself so you can get to know her.
“This is Kim Philpot from Louisville Ky. I have been following Dr. Josh Axe for 6 years, but just started on his nutritional products last year. I do not have a medical background, but have been heavy into exercise and nutrition. I believe in eating, “real food” and a variety of food groups. I try to only purchase grass fed beef, organic chicken and wild caught fish. I use gluten free pasta when possible, but have tolerated gluten in the past. I believe strongly in starting my day with a smoothie of soy milk, organic berries and banana mixed with the greens and collagen powder created by Dr. Axe. I also add a heaping spoonful of organic flax seeds. I feel this gives me a healthy start to my day. Essential oils have become a part of my everyday life and have helped in many ways. I believe everyone needs four days a week of cardio and three days a week lifting weights. I still have changes I need to make and I will continue with my desire to stay healthy.”
Thank you, Kim, for your contribution to healthy eating!
Kim’s Mediterranean Chicken
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- 1lb. Organic Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Whole Organic Red, Green and Yellow Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 can or frozen Organic Artichokes
- ¾ cup Organic Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup chopped Mushrooms (any variety)
- ½ cup Gluten-Free Pasta of choice (cooked)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Peppercorns (or to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh Organic Oregano
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Vinegar of choice
- 2 Tbsp Wild Tree Italian Dressing Spice or Italian Dressing Mix of choice
- Sauté chicken in coconut oil until browned.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, olives, artichokes and spices.
- Mix in cooked pasta and top with dressing.
- Mix well until heated throughout. Enjoy.
- For those without daily intolerances, you can top with organic cheese of choice.