Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan
Guest Chef: Kimberly Allison, B.A., Living Life Well
Heal Yourself Beautiful is all about providing you with the best and healthiest recipes and education. In order to keep your body working like a well-oiled machine, appropriate excellent nutrition is critical. Load your body with the best fuel possible!
The Heal Yourself Beautiful community will be hosting “guest chef” recipe curators to this site. Every now and then you will see a recipe submitted by one of the members to enhance your recipe box and help you on your health quest. Today’s BLOG recipe post is from Guest Chef Kimberly Allison, B.A., who is a Personal Chef and Life Coach at Living Life Well. Kimberly enjoys this green juice drink to “taste the rainbow”. Thank you Kimberly for your submission! You will need a juicer/juicing machine for this recipe.
2 large leaves Kale
4 slices Cucumber
5-6 stems Cilantro
1 slice Fresh Ginger
½ Red Bell Pepper
1 small Carrot
1 stalk Celery
½ small Granny Smith Apple
2 leaves Red Cabbage
½ cup Coconut Water
- Use as many ORGANIC fruits and vegetables as possible.
- Prep fruits and vegetables by washing with filtered water.
- Rough chop produce as it makes the juicing process easier.
- Be sure to seed the apple as the apple seeds contain arsenic.
- Run each vegetable and fruit through the juicer and when all items are juiced, pour ¼ cup of coconut water in the machine to flush out as many vitamins, minerals and nutrients as you can.
- May add extra liquid vitamins as an option.
- Pour over ice and drink within 15 minutes.
- This is how to “taste the rainbow”!