Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Fresh Dairy-Free Homemade Coconut Milk
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo-Friendly
Ingredients: 8 ounce package Organic Finely Shredded Coconut
4 cups boiling, or very hot, filtered water
Nut Milk Bag
- You will need a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix or equivalent that can sustain high heat.
- Add the coconut and boiling/hot water to the blender.
- Blend well, about 1 minute on higher setting. Let set for another 2-3 minutes before straining.
- Pour the contents of the blender through the Nut Milk Bag into a large bowl or pitcher.
- Pull the strings of the bag and squeeze the remainder of the coconut milk out.
- Refrigerate the coconut milk and use within 2-3 days.
- TIP: Don’t throw away the coconut meal left in your nut bag! I put the fine coconut in a tight container and refrigerate to use in recipes. The coconut is deliciously moist and tastes fresher than boring bagged coconut. You can keep the coconut in your fridge for up to a week if tightly sealed. I use the coconut in smoothies.
Makes: 3 cups