Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Chilled Asparagus and Red Pepper Salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan
1 bunch Organic Asparagus, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Organic Roma Tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
1 Organic English Cucumber, peel and thinly slice with mandolin
1 Large Organic Red Sweet Pepper, seeds removed and chopped
¼ cup Organic Red Sweet Onion, chopped
¼ cup Organic Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1-2 packets Stevia
Himalayan Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Use a vegetable or rice steamer. Place chopped asparagus in steamer basket and steam for 3-5 minutes. Don’t overcook as you want the asparagus crispy not soggy.
- Prepare a cold water bath in a separate bowl with water and ice. Immediately after removing asparagus from steamer, place in ice bath.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, stevia, and salt and pepper. Wisk together and set to the side.
- Drain asparagus and remove excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine asparagus, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and parsley. Toss together.
- Add salad dressing contents to the vegetables and toss.
- This salad can be chilled and served later, or served immediately.