About Dr. Lori
About Integrative Pharmacists And Dr. Lori Arnold
What is an “Integrative Pharmacist”? An Integrative Pharmacist is a licensed pharmacist, who is a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy and has completed additional training in specific integrative and complementary therapies that encompass the mind, body, spirit approach to health and wellness, and has practiced in the field of pharmacy as a licensed/registered pharmacist for a minimum of 3 years.
An Integrative Pharmacist will adhere to the oath to “Do No Harm” and will hold patient safety, efficacy of therapies, and the appropriate use of evidence-based information, to the highest regard. An Integrative Pharmacist treats the patient as a “whole” person utilizing a holistic approach to the delivery of quality care, and is versed in prevention, wellness and lifestyle modalities.
An Integrative Pharmacist will possess additional credentials or board certifications in Nutrition, Herbs and Supplements, and one or more of the following complementary and functional approaches to medicine: Medicinal Foods, Detoxification, Anti-Aging, Health/Life Coaching, Motivational Interviewing, Bio-identical Hormones and Compounding Pharmacy. In addition, an Integrative Pharmacist may opt to receive additional training in homeopathy, Ayurveda, acupressure, acupuncture, aromatherapy, yoga and restorative fitness, healing touch, guided imagery, spirituality, reiki and meditation
DR. LORI’S PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
• Founder and Owner of Heal Yourself Beautiful, an integrative medicine and nutrition consultation practice specializing in healing from within, food intolerance testing and identification, digestive health, skin health and acne, and drug interaction and adverse drug event identification. In addition, a special emphasis is placed on the use of aromatherapy for safe and effective achievement of optimal health and wellness.
• Education and Licensure: Associate’s Degree in Chemistry in 1996, Montana Tech of the University of Montana. Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy in 1999, University of Montana. Doctorate degree in Pharmacy in 2000, University of Montana.
• Awards and Achievements: In 1998, earned grant with American Pharmacist’s Association (APhA) to develop an Asthma Education Support Group (A.I.R.). In 1999, became the youngest member of the Board of Directors for the American Lung Association of Montana and again in 2000 in North Dakota.
• Professional Experience: Clinical Hospital Practice (staff and management), Volunteer Hospice Consultations, Home Care and Infusion Services, Community Practice, Specialized Medication Therapy Management, Academic Mentorship, Pharma Industry.
• Specialized Expertise: Director of Pharmacy for a Home Infusion Pharmacy. Pioneered a 4-year position as Medication Safety and Compliance Officer for a 300+ bed community hospital working with quality and safety departments to develop medication measures for the hospital system. Witnessed firsthand how drugs, even when used in the appropriate manner as prescribed, can have severe adverse outcomes for many patients. Held a 3-year position as Assistant Clinical Professor for the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes Science at Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy. Held a 4-year position with US Medical Affairs with pharmaceutical industry specializing in cardiology/atrial fibrillation and diabetes.
• Humanitarian Experience: In July 2009, volunteered to travel to Ibarra, Ecuador with International Medical Alliance (IMA) for a 10-day medical mission bringing medical care to a community in need
• Functional Medicine Training and Membership
Fellowship trained (FAARM) and Board-Certified by the “American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine” (A4M) and is an active member of that organization. Member of “The Institute of Functional Medicine” (IFM). Completed coursework and training for the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CCN). Completed coursework and graduated from the Institute of Nutritional Leadership. Completed specialized certificates in the following areas: Meditation, Holistic and Integrative Health Foundations, and Food, Nutrition and Health. Currently studying aromatherapy, and training to become a Reiki and energy healer.
THE INTEGRATIVE PHARMACIST BEHIND HEAL YOURSELF BEAUTIFUL®
Dr. Lori Arnold, Pharm.D., FAARM
Founder & Integrative Pharmacist
Dr. Lori’s true passion and love is for natural, functional, holistic and integrative medicine with an intense interest in herbs, supplements and other complementary therapies. She has a strong desire to “integrate” the traditional and functional approach to medicine and has a vision to have these schools of thought coexist. Dr. Lori is Fellowship (FAARM) trained and Board-Certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M) and is an active member of that organization. Dr. Lori is also a member The Institute for Functional Medicine, the IFM. She also reads an average of 20+ functional medicine and nutrition books yearly. At the present time, she has also completed the credentialing certification coursework with the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CCN), and will sit for the board exam in the near future. For the last five years, Dr. Lori has set forth on a mission to educate healthcare practitioners, patients and family on nutrition, wellness and longevity and believes in the body’s amazing ability to “heal itself”. She is truly an advocate for practitioners who “talk the talk, and walk the walk”.
Dr. Lori’s passion for a “healing” approach to health is a result of an ongoing effort to “Heal Herself Beautiful”. When only 6 years old, she was diagnosed with severe asthma and allergies. In college this manifested into anxiety and GERD and other digestive issues in college. After several years of treatment with prescription stomach acid treatments, her health declined further adding new adult onset acne, worsening digestive issues, fatigue and weight gain. While studying the functional medicine approach, she discovered the dangers of drug-depletions causing “malnutrition” and vitamin deficiencies and finally recognized the critical importance of adequate sleep and responsible exercise as a lifelong health commitment. Dr. Lori is now on an ongoing healing journey and has made it her personal mission to be kind to her own body in order to gently restore health and vitality. Dr. Lori is very passionate about helping others achieve similar results! Her mission to heal was tested to the limit in 2014 when she suffered toxic mold poisoning, Stachybotrys, from an AC leak in her condo. This led to an intense regimen of utilizing natural medicine skills to once again “heal” herself. Within only five months of identification of the toxin, Dr. Lori was able to restore most of her previous health. YOU will have to read the book, Heal Yourself Beautiful (set for launch fall 2016!) to hear the whole story… This last health scare strengthened Dr. Lori’s passion for natural medicine and she has become a “health warrior”, with plans to educate as many people as she can.
Part of Dr. Lori’s healing journey was to commit to a physical challenge to enhance her metabolism and support increased whole body detoxification by enrolling in a National Physique Committee (NPC) competition. In only 10 weeks of physical training and a structured nutrition program, Dr. Lori achieved amazing results, further improved her health and placed 3rd in her Masters 40+ division! The completion of this competition strengthened Dr. Lori’s message that the body can heal itself… even better than you can imagine. To appreciate and understand energy healing and to take some down-time to connect spiritually, Dr. Lori joined a group of energy healers and Reiki practitioners for a 10-day spiritual healing journey in Ireland. It is here where she was introduced to Nova Lumina, light resonance healing, and advanced spiritual energy healing. Dr. Lori plans to incorporate her new knowledge in combination with aromatherapy to offer her clients and HYB community gentle techniques for healing. When she is not writing and studying, Dr. Lori engages in activities she loves like yoga, Pilates, cross-fit, hiking, movies, time with friends and family, fishing, cooking, reading, traveling and exploring.