Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Cheese-Free Basil Pesto over Spaghetti Squash
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan, Low Carb, Paleo-Friendly
1 cup fresh Organic Basil, tightly packed
1/3 cup fresh Organic Parsley
1-2 small cloves fresh Organic Garlic
½ cup Raw Pine Nuts
½ cup Cold-Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ – ½ tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
1 medium Spaghetti Squash
1-2 medium Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash length-wise down the middle and clean out “guts”. Place squash on baking pan, cut side down, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Place basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When squash is done, remove from oven. Use a fork to “loosen” the strands so it looks like spaghetti noodles.
- In a medium bowl, combine squash noodles and pesto and mix. Garnish with tomatoes.