Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
HYB Gluten-Free Herbed Muffins
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan
2 ½ cups Almond Meal
½ cup Ground Flaxseed
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
5 Large Organic Cage-Free Eggs
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (or MCT Oil)
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves, pulled off stem
2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, pulled off stem, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine DRY Ingredients: Almond Meal, Flaxseed, Baking Soda, and Sea Salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Melt Coconut oil to liquid consistency before adding to WET Ingredients, or can use MCT Oil.
- In separate medium mixing bowl, combine WET Ingredients: Eggs, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Add WET Ingredients to the bowl containing the DRY Ingredients slowly. Mix thoroughly until evenly distributed.
- Add Fresh Herbs, Thyme and Rosemary, to mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Grease muffin tin generously with coconut oil. Evenly drop batter into each muffin cup. Mixture makes 1 batch of 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool in the pan before serving.
- Store muffins in airtight container. Muffins will become moister after sitting overnight in a sealed container.