Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
“Life’s too short to be bored and unfulfilled. Find your passion and use it to light up your life.” – John C. Maxwell
What is YOUR passion? Do you even know? Would you recognize it if you saw it? Do you wake up every day excited and driven to do what you love because you know it is your heart’s delight and true calling?
This is a tough one for a lot of us. The attached article is a great read for those who just don’t know how to figure out their passion. I have been down this road and being true to your calling is difficult and SCARY! Don’t let FEAR lead the way for you, let FAITH be your compass. Here is a snippet of the article for you to do as homework. Answer these questions and you are one step closer to finding your passion:
Listen to yourself.
Too many people simply go through the motions every day. The demands of life cause them to make convenient choices rather than heartfelt ones. But to tap into your passion, you have to know what you want. Look for clues. What excites you? What makes you dream? What makes your heart sing?
You’d think something as big as a life passion would be easy to identify, but often it’s not. Take some time to reflect on these questions:
1. If you inherited so much money that you would never have to work again, what would you do with your time?
2. What would you never give up because you love it so much?
3. What hobbies have you pursued over the years and why? These may be clues that will tell you something about yourself.
4. What are you naturally good at—so good that other people compliment you?
5. When others consult you for advice, what do they ask you about?
6. What are you curious about?
7. What do you do better than anything else?