Posted by Dr. Lori Arnold
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chia Coconut Balls:
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
1 Cup Almond Meal (left from making Almond Milk)
1 Cup Raw Almonds (Ground)
5 TBSP Cacao Powder
½ Cup Coconut Milk Powder
3 TBSP Almond Nut Butter
3 TBSP Coconut Oil, liquified
1 TBSP Pure Organic Vanilla Extract
5 TBSP Coconut Crystals
½ Cup Cacao Nibs
½-1 Cup desiccated Coconut, for coating
- Soak Chia Seeds in ½ cup water over night at room temperature, to make chia gel.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together ground nuts, almond meal, coconut milk powder, almond nut butter, coconut crystals and cacao powder. Use your hands to get the mixture well combined.
- Add vanilla extract to liquefied coconut oil and add to chia seed gel.
- Add the chia mixture to the mixing bowl and add cacao nibs to the mixture. Mix well with a spoon or your hands.
- Roll the mixture into smalls balls.
- Place the desiccated coconut in a small bowl. Roll the chia chocolate balls in the coconut until coated.
- Place coated chocolate balls in the fridge to harden.
- Depending on the size of the balls you make, this recipe will make about 50 treats.